We have a very special guest, Bethany Gerry, on the podcast today!
Bethany is going to be sharing her expertise on exercising during postpartum.
Bethany is a fitness and wellness coach, and she specializes in the postpartum years. She’s also a retired Olympian.
The information that Bethany has is slightly different from what you hear in the mainstream postpartum wellness industry.
I’ve actually had the privilege of working with Bethany over the course of a few years now.
She’s also someone who’s taken the postpartum nutrition certification, she makes it a priority for fitness and overall wellness with her clients because she knows better than most that they go hand in hand.
Be sure to share any thoughts you have on this episode in a review and follow so you don’t miss the weekly release of episodes!
In this episode, we share with you:
- Sharing Bethany’s story
- How she became an Olympian
- Going from an Olympian to where she is now
- Being a personal trainer while being an Olympic athlete
- I didn’t feel right after weaning my daughter
- My doctor said it was depression
- Working with a functional medicine doctor
- I had to heal my body
- Knowing where to start to heal your body after having a baby
- Working out after a baby can be an added stressor
- If our body is saying this is not right, you need to listen to it
- If you need rest and nutrition then do that
- We underestimate the impact growing a person in our body
- Have more respect for your body
- Allow yourself time to heal
- Being cleared by a doctor at six weeks, then go back to normal life
- This initial period of healing is so essential
- Rebuilding your foundation from the ground up
- Retraining breathing patterns
- Start that routine of self-care
- Floor based exercises
- Creating a foundation in which your body is going to operate from not just physically but hormonally and emotionally
– If you’d like to work with me, or need support, reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
- The Holistic Postpartum Nutrition Training for Pros can be found at:
-Purchase my Nutrition Program
-Get on the waitlist for The Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program