Sarah and Matthew Bivens are the creators of Doing It At Home, a birth lifestyle brand that helps parents feel confident, prepared, and excited for a home birth.
DIAH started in 2016 when they were pregnant with their first child and switched from planning a hospital birth to a home birth halfway through the pregnancy.
Both were balanced lifestyle coaches prior to becoming parents, Sarah and Matthew have taken their past coaching experience and married it with their passion for home birth to make DIAH the ultimate space for home birth empowerment.
DIAH includes a podcast, community, resources, and coaching.
Sarah and Matthew are taking us through their journey of the birth of their daughter and the preparations they made ahead of time for her arrival.
They have such great information on the preparations they made and tips on how you can prepare for your baby as well.
Matthew is a big believer in having a support system, regardless of how you find it, so you have people to reach out to when you need it the most.
Come listen in and be sure to share it with friends or family that may be expecting or plan to in the future!
Find DIAH Website >>>here<<<
Find DIAH on Instagram >>>here<<<
Find DIAH on Facebook >>>here<<<
In this episode, we share with you:
- Introduction of Sarah and Matthew
- Quick summary of Sarah’s birth
- Time spent preparing for a home birth experience
- Time spent on postpartum
- Far more time was spent preparing for birth and very little on postpartum
- How both being life coaches prepared and affected this journey
- Matthew felt very confident that he would know how to do everything after baby was born and that he would do things instinctively
- Using google in postpartum instead of having a support group
- Sarah’s experience in postpartum
- The physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual healing
- How healing shaped Sarah into the mother she is now
- The blur of the first few weeks
- The Baby Blues
- Overjoyed to overwhelmed
- The importance of an amazing support system
- How a spouse can be a major part of the support system
- Surrounding yourself with a supportive tribe
- Why you don’t have to know all the answers when you have a good support system
- Why creating a community is such a beautiful thing and such a necessary thing
- Different ways to have a support system set up
- The importance of finding a support system, even when it’s not convenient
- Sarah’s New Book & other resources they have created and shared.
- Workbook to take what you’ve read and make your own actionable plan
- A masterclass for partners
- A playlist geared directly towards partners to listen to examples of birth stories, examples of how partners have shown up in birth
- A masterclass by Sarah on how to have balanced mindset and habits leaning into the birth experience
- One on One coaching
- Even if you are not at the point of considering a home birth experience, this information is absolutely valuable for pregnancy and the years beyond.
– If you’d like to work with me, or need support, reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
-Purchase my Nutrition Program https://marandabower.com/nutrition/
-Get on the waitlist for The Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program https://marandabower.com/certification/